Re: [opensuse-buildservice] web client & auto trigger rebuilds
  • From: Marcus Rueckert <darix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 15:40:40 +0100
On 2009-03-18 12:26:25 -0400, Erik Aronesty wrote:
i've only been using just the web client so far, and think it's more
than good enough for my needs, however...

i notice that the web client auto-triggers rebuilds when you edit a file

this is ?nice?, but...

- is there any way to turn off the web client's itchy-trigger finger?

it is not exactly the webclient which does it. an upload via osc does
the same.

but yes you can disable building for the project and then just re-enable
it on package level where needed. not very comfortable but works.

- is there any way to "unschedule" a build via the web client?

no.

- feature request: it should rebuild only debian/ubuntu if a
debian.control file is edited, not all of them

as the debian.control file is inside a debianizing patch normally. it
would require the scheduler to unpack/patch the sources and then check
if that control file was edited. changes to the diff might be unrelated
to the control file. that can be a very expensive operation.

so i dont see this happening any time soon.

we usually encourage people to build locally with osc build before
uploading. that makes sure you only upload somewhat tested builds.

hope this helps

darix

--
openSUSE - SUSE Linux is my linux