Re: [opensuse-buildservice] ymp for upgrade?
On Thu, 2009-03-12 at 22:29 +0000, Benji Weber wrote:
2009/3/12 Andrew Jorgensen <ajorgensen@xxxxxxxxxx>:
Hello, We want to create a ymp (1-Click) which will cause the user to
upgrade all packages provided by our repository which are installed, but
not ask the user to install anything which is not installed. Is such a
thing possible?

Not directly yet. There is a feature request (bnc #339928) to implement this.

As a workaround if you can get your desired behaviour using a Pattern
or an empty package with dependencies then you could construct a YMP
to install one of those. (type="pattern" for patterns).

<software><item type="pattern"> ?

How do we accomplish an upgrade via a pattern? Put everything into
suggests?