Re: [opensuse-buildservice] brp-python-bytecompile not being invoked
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 09:42:22 +0100
Am Dienstag, 24. Februar 2009 14:14:33 schrieb Douglas Kosovic:
Hi,

With the Fedora:10 (and earlier) and CentOS:CentOS-5 project
configurations, *.pyc and *.pyo files aren't being generated because
brp-python-bytecompile isn't being invoked for RPMs that contain *.py
files.

Does this mean it works with RHEL ?

When you use the built RPMs, SElinux will gives noisy warnings if python
tries to to access or create non-existing foo.pyc & foo.pyo for a
packaged foo.py.

For a local build service I setup, I added the following to the
corresponding local project configurations:

Required: python redhat-rpm-config

and brp-python-bytecompile is now being invoked (note: adding
redhat-rpm-config by itself wasn't sufficient).

I'm wondering if the redhat-rpm-config package ommision is intentional
or just an oversight?

You need to ask redhat for this ;)

However, I have fixed this missing dependency in the projects with a

Substitute: python python redhat-rpm-config

line in the project config.

thanks for your report
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH