[opensuse-buildservice] brp-python-bytecompile not being invoked
  • From: Douglas Kosovic <douglask@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 23:14:33 +1000
Hi,

With the Fedora:10 (and earlier) and CentOS:CentOS-5 project configurations, *.pyc and *.pyo files aren't being generated because brp-python-bytecompile isn't being invoked for RPMs that contain *.py files.

When you use the built RPMs, SElinux will gives noisy warnings if python tries to to access or create non-existing foo.pyc & foo.pyo for a packaged foo.py.

For a local build service I setup, I added the following to the corresponding local project configurations:

Required: python redhat-rpm-config

and brp-python-bytecompile is now being invoked (note: adding redhat-rpm-config by itself wasn't sufficient).

I'm wondering if the redhat-rpm-config package ommision is intentional or just an oversight?

Thanks,
Doug