Re: [opensuse-buildservice] debian project, expansion error, have choice?
  • From: Paul Elliott <pelliott@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 09:36:09 -0600
On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 03:29:41PM +0100, Michal Marek wrote:
Paul Elliott napsal(a):
I could only find reference to "Prefer:" or "Ignore:" lines in some
LinuxTag presentations. How do they work and how do you create them?
Could we have some more documentation on them?

What are some examples of "Prefer:" or "Ignore:" lines.

Build Service documentation could see some improvement, yes, but if you
already know the keywords, this is searchable easily:
http://en.opensuse.org/Special:Search?search=prefer+ignore - 4th hit.

This is the Build Service/Tips and tricks page.
http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Tips_and_Tricks
Yes the section "How is a buildenvironment defined?" says that these
lines are defined in a file called
"/usr/lib/build/configs/$distro.conf".

But it does not tell Joe Six-Pack developer how to access and modify
this file as used by his project.

What practical steps do I need to take, to modify this file as seen
by my project builds?

Also in the Build Service/Tips and traps page is a section called
"Using different spec files for different platforms". It tells
how to have different .spec files for different distros.

But it does not tell how to have different .dsc files for different
debian distros. What is the exact syntax for debian distros?
Can I have different "debian.rules" files for different debian distros?
Again what is the syntax?

Since debian .dsc files can not be %if def'ed like rpm spec files can be,
having different .dsc files for different distros, appears to be
the only way to vary behavior for debian, depeneding on distro.
Yet, this feature, if it exists, seems to be undocumented.

I have different variants of the same ambiguity in libstdc++ for the
debian etch versas the ubuntu distros. I need to know how to handle
this.

--
Paul Elliott 1(512)837-1096
pelliott@xxxxxx PMB 181, 11900 Metric Blvd Suite J