Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Using the OSB to build OSS Software for AIX
  • From: "Alexey Eremenko" <al4321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 10:23:45 +0000
On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 9:25 AM, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Hans-Joachim,

On Dienstag 06 Januar 2009 10:28:04 Hans-Joachim Ehlers wrote:
Hi,

I would like to create a build server for OSS running on AIX since the
support from IBM for OSS on AIX is pretty marginal. The software versions
build for AIX shall be equal to a given SLES version. This gives the
opportunity to run the same software on AIX and Linux.

An AIX server and compiler are available and reachable via the internet.

So the question I have:
- Does the OpenSuse build system is sutiable /usable for such a task ?

We have never tried :)

However, I guess you want to build rpm packages for AIX, right ?
So you could try to build such a package with the build script from build.rpm
on AIX.

If this is working the rest should work as well. Maybe you need small fixes in
this script. Tell us, if we can help you there.

bye
adrian

In general it would be cool to support more platforms in general -
perhaps Cygwin. Supporting Windows Native would be even better but I
afraid it is too much work.

--
-Alexey Eromenko "Technologov"