Re: [opensuse-buildservice] built: kernelmodule for broadcom 802.11 STA driver
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 15:37:10 +0100
On 12/23/2008 at 2:25 AM, Christian <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

built a kernel module for:
Broadcom's IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n hybrid Linux device driver
for use with Broadcom's
- BCM4311
- BCM4312
- BCM4321
- and BCM4322 based hardware.

tested on 11.1 and works as expected.

but I still have some questions:

- Is it allowed to build non GPL'd RPM's , or have I to remove it ?
- If it is allowed, is there a way to force user to accept license,
before installing the package ?
license is telling something about non-exclusive, non-transferable,
royalty-free license

Module can be found there:

A pity, this driver will probably be removed soon from the servers again...

The license from the Makefile is everything else than clear: this is GPL and
just a few sentences down 'this is unpublished proprietary software'...
they should decide on that.

I would be looking forward to help out for this driver (personal interest, as I
have a bcm4328 in my notebook.. and ndiswrapper suxx)

Dominique