Re: [opensuse-buildservice] osc build against local obsinstance,remoteurl'ed repos
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 14:41:31 +0100
On 12/17/2008 at 2:37 PM, Martin Mohring <martin.mohring@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Do you have some more information about this new feature? What's it supposed
to do and how does it work? how to 'enable' it?
(I'm just lazy reading at the moment... )

Download on Demand is in fact tested with Cross Build and with local
build and works.

I can post an example project .xml for Download on Demand. Tell us what
Distro you have in mind. I have nearly all Fedora and openSUSE Distro
locally in my OBS via Download on Demand.

If you want Factory or openSUSE 11.1, you need a last minute patch for
Download on Demand because createrepo consumes too much memory
(currently 9GB RAM), our collegues have switched off rpmmd meta data
generation for openSUSE 11.1 and Factory.

For the moment I'm only building against openSUSE 10.3 - Factory (so all active
openSUSE versiosn).
If you could provide some XML files, that could be very handy!

I assume it's also caching the RPMs locally, as it does with remoteurl? So it
does not have to download them all the time?

Looking forward for your input,

Dominique