Re: [opensuse-buildservice] openSUSE:Factory & 11.1 repos - meta data primary.xml
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 12:50:08 +0100
On Montag 08 Dezember 2008 12:37:29 Martin Mohring wrote:
Michael Schroeder wrote:
On Mon, Dec 08, 2008 at 11:17:30AM +0100, Martin Mohring wrote:
We use primary.xml for Download on Demand. Do we sit on a dead horse?
What else could we use instead for getting the meta data?

You should also support the susetags format, it's pretty easy to parse.

Which files in a SUSE repo file hierachy must we parse *instead* of
rpmmd primary.xml?

It is suse/setup/descr/packages.gz .

However, this format might get superceeded by an extended rpm-md with next
release (or not, the plan exists for a longer time already, but it did not
happen so far) ...