Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How to bump release numbers?
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 09:37:07 +0100
On Donnerstag 13 November 2008 18:34:38 Andrew Jorgensen wrote:
We need to be able to force our release numbers to be higher than they are
now. We don't need any control over them after they are bumped, just a
one-time thing. Let me explain:

Suppose we have been building software in one repository and we need to
move to a new repository. Normally this would cause our release numbers to
be reset to start at 0. We want our users to see upgrades though moving
forward. Actually we rsync our repos off of the BS to another location, so
for the users the location won't change but the release numbers will
suddenly jump down.

Now it's okay with us if to do this we have to tweak something in the
backend in some database or something as what we're doing is moving from
OBS to an internal service, but we need some way to do it.

Also, are our users going to have a problem if the signing key changes for
the repo? If they will have a problem is there a way to migrate the key
over?

You can set them in the spec files, the OBS uses these as starting point for
counting.

if you have root access to the backend, you can increase the numbers also
directly in the "history" file below the /srv/obs/build/... directories.

bye
adrian