[opensuse-buildservice] Build question for packing precompiled binairies of a different platform
  • From: "Joop Boonen" <joop_boonen@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 12:18:15 +0100 (CET)
I'm trying to build a package from a binary:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Toolchain As it's a cross compilation for
the openmoko I get a log of error due to the |/usr/lib/rpm/brp-*
scripts. I'm wondering how to disable these checks.

By the way i only got openSuSE 11.0 build to work only by adding rpmlint
filter lines.

I'm wondering isn't there a way to just untar the package via rpmbuild in
a way that's untouched by any of the tests?

That is basically what I want to accomplish. I want to able to install the
package in /usr/local as is needed fore this build and have the advantages
of rpm.

I hope my question is clear.

I've attached the errors I get. (The binaries are compiled for a arm
(OpenEmbedded) not a x86/ix86 as it's for cross build).

Regards,

Joop Boonen.