Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Long queues
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 11:34:46 +0200
On Friday 17 October 2008 11:04:50 wrote Jasem Mutlaq:
Hi,

In the last few days, I noticed that the i586 queues are stacking up,
sometimes in the thousands especially during peak hours. The x86_64 can get
clogged up too sometimes but they tend to clear up pretty quickly. Is this
is a simple resource limitation issue, or is there something else going on?
As the BuildService becomes more popular, this will only get worse.

The i586 scheduler handles the calculation of dependendencies for
images/products, this is a time consuming task.

However, michael has already code which speeds this up a lot.

I think we will restart the schedulers today to improve this situation.

bye
adrian