Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Thoughts about OBS
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 23:12:22 +0200
On Thursday 16 October 2008 23:07:03 wrote Joop Boonen:
All,

I'm now working with the OBS for some time.

First of all I like it a lot.

But I was wondering about the few things that could make it even better
in my eyes.
1) When I change/add/remove a the building process starts automatically.
I think it's wasting the resources quite a bit.
I would prefer that I can also control the build process myself (So it
will only run when it's really needed). And maybe that auto build
process starts when one has logged out.

You can disable and enable the build of your project or package at any time.
Either in web interface or via osc.

2) I have a few projects in my build "Home Project" that would easely
also build for Fedora, Mandriva, Centos. But when i select these all
packages in my "Home Project" will start to build for Fedora, Mandriva
and Centos. Even the ones I know on the forehand will not work.
Might it be possible to assign (extra) "Build Repositories" per package?

You can for example disable all repos, and just enable some per package.

3) In the package view i have a show option for text files. It looks
very nice.
What i would like to have is a diff view like for instance viewvc and
may even have cvs like functions to go back to a previous version?
4) When editing the file it would be nice to have a preferred template
for the spec file at the side from which one can copy from. This way the
spec files will be more uniform I think.

Hm, this is maybe something for the template wizard, which is still in alpha
phase.

bye
adrian