[opensuse-buildservice] Thoughts about OBS
  • From: Joop Boonen <joop_boonen@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 23:07:03 +0200
All,

I'm now working with the OBS for some time.

First of all I like it a lot.

But I was wondering about the few things that could make it even better
in my eyes.
1) When I change/add/remove a the building process starts automatically.
I think it's wasting the resources quite a bit.
I would prefer that I can also control the build process myself (So it
will only run when it's really needed). And maybe that auto build
process starts when one has logged out.
2) I have a few projects in my build "Home Project" that would easely
also build for Fedora, Mandriva, Centos. But when i select these all
packages in my "Home Project" will start to build for Fedora, Mandriva
and Centos. Even the ones I know on the forehand will not work.
Might it be possible to assign (extra) "Build Repositories" per package?
3) In the package view i have a show option for text files. It looks
very nice.
What i would like to have is a diff view like for instance viewvc and
may even have cvs like functions to go back to a previous version?
4) When editing the file it would be nice to have a preferred template
for the spec file at the side from which one can copy from. This way the
spec files will be more uniform I think.

Regards,

Joop Boonen.