Re: [opensuse-buildservice] how to create a package foropenSUSE:Factory
  • From: Marcus Hüwe <suse-tux@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 17:22:27 +0200
On 2008-10-13 20:41:29 -0600, Ray Wang wrote:
Hello Marcus,

I have 2 questions:
1) I want to branch a package, it prompt "branch target package
already exists",
does it mean some one own this branch? How do i contribute to
this package?

If you didn't create the branch on your own the target project has most
likely
defined a "develproject" (a project where the branches are created and the
development takes place). So you either ask to get permissions to this
develproject or you create the branch in your home project
(use "osc branch ... --nodevelproject).

Sorry I mixed something up here - if osc prompts that the "branch target package
already exists" it means that this is already somewhere in your
home:<user>:<project> project.

regards to the latter you have mentioned above, does it mean I create a
branch
against to that branch (a develproject or what else), then i submitreq to
that branch,
and that branch owner submitreq to openSUSE:Factory?

Exactly.

2) I found one package does not in openSUSE:Factory, so I'd like to add
it in and take charge of it, how do i create one branches for
openSUSE:Factory.

Yes, i have read http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Collaboration
but could not find any thing that could solve my problems.

What about my second question? :)

I can't really answer this one:) but afaik there are no concrete plans how 3rd
party packagers can contribute to factory.

Marcus