[opensuse-buildservice] OBS prefers packages from openSUSE:* repo instead of project one
  • From: Michal Vyskocil <mvyskocil@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 17:27:23 +0200
Hi,

I work on Java:jpackage-5.0 project and have troubles with xml-commons-*
packages. It seems, that OBS prefers a xml-commons packages from openSUSE:
{11.0,Factory}. But I don't know why.

The Java:jpackage currently contains:
- jpackage-utils
- ant-bootstrap
- xalan-j2-bootstrap
- xml-commons (version* 0:1.3.04)

The distribution contains a same packages with version number 1.3.02.

But without something like that in spec (see xerces-j2-bootstrap):
%if ! %defined suse_version
BuildRequires: xml-commons-resolver >= 0:1.1
BuildRequires: xml-commons-apis >= 0:1.3
%else
BuildRequires: xml-commons-resolver12
BuildRequires: xml-commons-jaxp-1.3-apis
%endif

obuild always install a versions from openSUSE:. I have tried some "magic"
with Prefer, or Substitute in a prjconf, but without a success.

* I know, that Epoch is not used in SUSE, but I try to do a minimum changes to
spec files in this project. Maybe this should be a problem ...

Is there something I missed?

Thanks for help
Michal Vyskocil