Re: [opensuse-buildservice] putting .so files explicitly in /usr/lib and not in /usr/lib64
  • From: Christopher Lang <christopher.lang@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 17:28:48 +0200

Hi Andreas,

But in general: Why do you want this? I consider it a bad idea...

yes, you are right, it is not ideal; I have some legacy code that has a
hardcoded /usr/lib in it, that I do not want to change.

is this an rpmlint check (you might want to cite some more lines)?

+ /usr/lib/rpm/brp-lib64-linux
sf@xxxxxxx: if you find problems with this script, drop me a note
/var/tmp/mypackage-1.0.9-build/usr/lib/libPOWERBOOK_MODEM.so: file format
elf64-x86-64
/var/tmp/mypackage-1.0.9-build/usr/lib/libPOWERBOOK_MODEM.so: should be in
*/lib64
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.47721 (%install)

RPM build errors:
Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.47721 (%install)

Those can be worked around - I hope it's documented somewhere.

Do you know how the rpmlint can be worked around or disabled during a build
server build?

many thanks
Chris