Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Requesting to create a top level project for evolution
  • From: Chenthill <pchenthill@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 22:55:21 +0300
On Tue, 2008-09-02 at 09:13 +0200, Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Sonntag 17 August 2008 18:14:31 Chenthill wrote:
On Thu, 2008-08-14 at 13:29 +0200, Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Sunday 17 August 2008 13:50:43 Chenthill wrote:
Hi,
We would like to create a top-level project for evolution to provide
daily builds from svn trunk. Since we do not have sufficient
permissions, it would be great if someone creates it for us or grant
permissions for the same.

What about GNOME:Evolution ?

sounds good!!

has been created now (I was on vacation, sorry).

We also have some queries on using build-service for creating builds
from svn sources,

* Does build-service has an option to check-out sources from svn..

only client side atm:

http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Upstream_Integration

We plan to do this also on the api server since a long time, but had no
time to work on this yet. Any helping hands are welcome for this :)
Same also for server side download of tar balls.

* Is it possible to set an option which triggers build at set intervals
(daily/weekly etc.)

could be implemented, but does not exist.

I searched for the above options, build could not find them. If its not
there already, is someone working on it? If someone is working on it,
we would love to get involved contribute to the same :)

Please read the wiki page mentioned above. I would be happy if you could
work on this feature on the api/frontend part. You may want to install a
local build service via the rpm packages, but checkout and run the
frontend code from svn afterwards.

please tell / come to IRC channel if you need further help.

Sure. I will have a look at the wiki and go through the code there and
come back on irc. Srindhi (build engineer) was also interested in
hacking in free time. We will work together and try to get something
here faster :)

Did you have some kind of success here ? Do you need help somewhere ?
Just go something going here, starting to spend some time from this
monday. I used the oscupstream scripts and they seem to do the job fine.
There is a minor issue due to additional \n characters getting created
in the generated _upstream file. Found the issue inserting some puts in
the scripts. I will try to provide a fix for the same. Another issue am
facing is while importing the tarballs. The following is the error
message,

Uploading: /tmp/oscupstream/gtkhtml.tar.bz2
--> put_file:
{:project=>"GNOME:Evolution:snapshots", :filename=>"gtkhtml.tar.bz2",
:package=>"gtkhtml"}
Transport: Transmitting base auth
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/oscupstream/frontend.rb:231:in `handle_response':
Suse::Frontend::UnspecifiedError
from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/oscupstream/frontend.rb:202:in `do_put'
from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/oscupstream/frontend.rb:136:in `put_file'
from /usr/bin/oscupstream:394
from /usr/bin/oscupstream:391:in `each'
from /usr/bin/oscupstream:391
from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/oscupstream/cmdparse2.rb:195:in `call'
from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/oscupstream/cmdparse2.rb:195:in `execute'
from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/oscupstream/cmdparse2.rb:412:in `parse'
from /usr/bin/oscupstream:405

I removed the .osc_cookiejar and performed the operation again. But it
did not help. Any idea what could be the problem ?

The evolution snapshot builds from svn HEAD would be available at
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=evolution&project=GNOME%
3AEvolution%3Asnapshots

The job was pretty easy as srinidhi had the spec files created for
unstable packages, so I could just make some changes over that. Thanks
to srindhi for providing me the pointers required!!

thanks, Chenthill.