[opensuse-buildservice] Re: Requiring a generic webserver
  • From: "Andrés G. Aragoneses" <knocte@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 18:20:05 +0200
Marcus Hüwe wrote:
On 2008-08-30 14:30:28 +0200, "Andrés G. Aragoneses" wrote:
Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
Marcus Hüwe escribió:

You might want to use "Suggests" or "Recommends".
Be aware. "Suggests" does nothing ;P

I was going to ask the difference between those two, so, is that the difference? Suggests is just useless? Where is all this documented?

Have a look at
http://en.opensuse.org/Software_Management/Dependencies#Weak_dependencies

Thanks, that's what I needed. The problem about using Recommends in this case is that if I recommend both postgresql and mysql, it can happen that both are installed. Isn't there a better way for "dual dependencies" like this?

If not, is this already discussed upstream in the RPM community? Any RFE already filed there?

Thanks,

Andrés