Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Requiring a generic webserver
  • From: "Ray Wang" <rawang@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 05:43:58 -0600
Hi Andres,

So I'm wondering, is this possible in OBS/OpenSUSE? Is 'webserver' a
meta-package that let's the user choose between the available
webservers? (apache, cherokee,...)

I guess, the most widely used http-daemon might be "apache2",
so you might add apache as you webserver.
but keep in mind that SLED does not support "apache2", use "lighttpd" instead.

BTW, it happens the same with the dependency "smtp-daemon" in this
fedora rpm I'm mentioning. And I recently asked a question on IRC about
this, but related to database engines so, if this is supported, can I do
something similar for requiring mysql OR postgresql? (As I've been told
that rpm doesn't support this out of the box; I wonder if we should
advocate for a RFE upstream about a new "packageor()" keyword.)

I am not very sure about what do you want? smtp-daemon or database?
"postfix" would be a good choice for smtp-daemon
and "mysql" is OK for database.

:)

regards.

---