[opensuse-buildservice] BuildService documentation not acceptable
  • From: Dirk Stöcker <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 10:30:43 +0200 (CEST)
Hello,

now I'm with the build service from the very beginning and know a lot stuff how to use it, but this week I wanted to try something new and needed documentation for it.

It is impossible to find anything useful about buildservice project configuration:

a) I wanted to know how to use Prefer:, Substitute:, Ignore: and all the others. There is no documenation on the wiki pages and also nowhere else a I tried was a link to helpful information. But when I know what I search and after hours don't find anything, a beginner will fail totally.

b) I tried to find out how to change the package version. I know there exists a method to do so and I also know it has been discussed multiple times on this list. Only after I scanned the obs sources I found the way it works using <CI_CNT>.<B_CNT> and this helps to scan this list for the mails.

The minimum I would expect ist that the page
http://en.opensuse.org/Category:Build_Service

has entries to relevant information or to a link list pointing to further non-wiki information.

Ciao