Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Debian Packages file
  • From: "G. Massera" <gmassera@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 14:45:22 +0200
Piotr Pokora ha scritto:
G. Massera writes:

Hi!

Maybe I missed some important part of docs, but how one is able to
install debian files with apt-get?
As an example:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/midgardproject:/midgard19-dev/Debian_Etch/

Very Simple... put the following line inside the apt/sources.list
deb
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/midgardproject:/midgard19-dev/

Debian_Etch/

It doesn't work for i386 when amd64 path is defined in Packages file.
And doesn't work for amd64 systems when i386 path is defined.

http://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/repositories/home:/midgardproject:/midgard19-dev/Debian_Etch/Packages

There should be Packages file per architecture.

Piotras

Yes... you are right.
I've never notice this problem.
I think that the error is in the BuildService, in particulare in the way
the Packages files is created (I suppose using dpkg-scanpackages
command)... and the place where it is stored.

I think that the developers of BuildService should be compliant to the
"Automatic Repository" defined in the following official documentation
for Debian-like distribution:

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/repository-howto/repository-howto.en.html

There are, of course, various way to arrange directory, but for me a
good solution can be:
- root repository (
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/midgardproject:/midgard19-dev/Debian_Etch/
)
|--main
|-- binary-i386
|-- binary-amd64
|-- source
And the Packages files must be created inside each sub-directory of main
(binary-i386, binary-amd64, source) has the official documentaion of
Debian require for apt-repositories.

Ciao,
Gianluca