[opensuse-buildservice] Building xxx-32bit and xxx-devel-32bit
  • From: Uwe Bonnes <bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 15:20:20 +0200
Hello,

on Opensuse-11.0 several xxx-32bit and xxx-devel-32bit can be
installed. This is needed for third party software that comes only in 32
bit. To run other 32 bit only software (for me Xilinx ISE and Impact) I need
to compile an additional program (libusb-driver) for 32-bit, that depends on
libusb and libftdi as 32-bit. Other own software using libusb/libftdi should
however be compile for 64-bit. I can circumvebnt be extracting the relevant
files form the i586 packages while installing the XXX.x86_64.rpm packages.

However cleaner would be a possibility to build xxx-32bit and
xxx-devel-32bit from the source rpms. A receipe how to do that would be very
welcome.

Thanks
--
Uwe Bonnes bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Institut fuer Kernphysik Schlossgartenstrasse 9 64289 Darmstadt