Re: [opensuse-buildservice] openSUSE Build Service 1.0 Release Candidate available
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 10:55:48 +0200
Le vendredi 13 juin 2008, à 10:24 +0200, Peter Poeml a écrit :
On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 08:27:12PM -0500, Michael Wolf wrote:
Also, submitreq is rather poorly named. :( "mergereq" might make more
sense.

It may seem like (intended to be a) a merge at first, but technically it
is not a merge, but a copy. It will overwrite the target package, _not_
apply a diff with the differences.

(Especially when you want to submit the package to some place where it
doesn't exist yet ;-)

Maybe this should be made more clear on the collaboration page.

Sorry for the late feedback on this -- it was not clear to me how
exactly this would work before I read the collaboration page :/

I'm confused by something else: it looks to me like "submitreq" is,
well, to submit a request, and it sounds weird to use this to also
list/accept/decline/show requests. I know you've discussed the name of
the command for quite some time and the name was not easy to choose, but
I wonder about the reasons for not choosing something like "request" or
"collab".

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.