Re: [opensuse-buildservice] openSUSE Build Service 1.0 Release Candidate available
  • From: Michael Wolf <maw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 20:27:12 -0500
On Wed, 2008-06-11 at 13:19 +0200, Adrian Schröter wrote:
We just released the Build Service 1.0 release candidate. The final release
is
expected in two weeks.

Most important about this release are the improvements in source handling.
Submissions to foreign projects are possible now. That does mean that after
two years of development, direct work on openSUSE distribution becomes
possible, with bugzilla in between ! You see, we need sometimes a bit longer,
but we keep our promises :)

The Build Service at http://build.opensuse.org is already running it, so it
can be already used for submissions. You just need the current osc from
openSUSE:Tools project.

I notice that you can't do submitreq without branching first. So the
following won't work:

osc submitreq create -m 'This will fail' GNOME:Community banshee \
home:maw

Feature or, uh, missing feature?

Also, submitreq is rather poorly named. :( "mergereq" might make more
sense.

Michael.