Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Hermes code drop in OBS svn, how to set up?
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 08:10:11 +0200
On Wednesday 04 June 2008 01:46:05 Martin Mohring wrote:
Martin Mohring wrote:
Hi,

the hermes notification system has been added to svn in the meantime.
Currently, the old setup and start method for the OBS does not work
anymore.

The srcserver gives a message in the logfile:

Notifying hermes at http://thebe.d-atasoft.com/hermes/index.cgi:
<rm=notify, type=OBS_SRCSRV_START, dispatches=ARRAY(0x16f2350),
maxchild=20, port=6362, setkeepalive=1>
warning Hermes: connect to thebe.d-atasoft.com:80: Connection refused

2008-06-03 21:34:07: AJAX: bs_srcserver started
2008-06-03 21:34:08: bs_srcserver started on port 6362

Who wants to connect to port 80, and what should be there? How do I
start that? Since the change to ssl, there is nothing on port 80
anymore...
Not the frontend, not the backend, and the bs_srcserver and the
bs_repserver never listend to port 80.

Also, the workers currently die silently.

What do I do wrong?

Nothing :)

I felt so free to fix this in svn, so worker and OBS are now working again:
- worker directory was missing a symlink for the hermes library

Hm, I am not sure if the worker should talk to hermes at all. It will not be
able to reach it in our current setup of opensuse.org at least.

- and hermes should be off by default in the config, if hermes server is
not packaged with OBS by default
I also adapted the .spec files in svn which now package the appropriate
files for the specfile wizard and hermes.

k, thank you

adrian