Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Hermes code drop in OBS svn, how to set up?
  • From: Martin Mohring <martin.mohring@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 01:46:05 +0200
Martin Mohring wrote:
Hi,

the hermes notification system has been added to svn in the meantime.
Currently, the old setup and start method for the OBS does not work anymore.

The srcserver gives a message in the logfile:

Notifying hermes at http://thebe.d-atasoft.com/hermes/index.cgi: <rm=notify, type=OBS_SRCSRV_START, dispatches=ARRAY(0x16f2350), maxchild=20, port=6362, setkeepalive=1>
warning Hermes: connect to thebe.d-atasoft.com:80: Connection refused

2008-06-03 21:34:07: AJAX: bs_srcserver started
2008-06-03 21:34:08: bs_srcserver started on port 6362

Who wants to connect to port 80, and what should be there? How do I start that? Since the change to ssl, there is nothing on port 80 anymore...
Not the frontend, not the backend, and the bs_srcserver and the bs_repserver never listend to port 80.

Also, the workers currently die silently.

What do I do wrong?

Nothing :)

I felt so free to fix this in svn, so worker and OBS are now working again:
- worker directory was missing a symlink for the hermes library
- and hermes should be off by default in the config, if hermes server is not packaged with OBS by default
I also adapted the .spec files in svn which now package the appropriate files for the specfile wizard and hermes.

Martin