[opensuse-buildservice] Missing important debian functionality
  • From: Amilcar do Carmo Lucas <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 18:52:51 +0200
Hi,

I'm a VERY demandant user of the build system. I build for ALL supported
distros.

As such I need to support all xUbuntu flavors.

I got around that by providing one .dsc file per distro.
It works great, I have:
# KDevelop3.dsc for normal cases
# KDevelop3-xUbuntu_6.06.dsc for 6.06
# KDevelop3-xUbuntu_8.04.dsc for 8.04

And it works fine, I would prefer patches, instead of code duplication, but
for now it just works.

But it does not work for debian "control" files :(
I want to have:
# debian.control
# debian.control-xUbuntu_6.06
# debian.control-xUbuntu_8.04

But I get:
dpkg-checkbuilddeps: failure: cannot read debian/control: No such file or
directory
dpkg-buildpackage: warning: Build dependencies/conflicts unsatisfied;
aborting.

Can someone fix it please ?

Regards,

--