Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Moving voiceglue to network:telephony
  • From: "Archie Cobbs" <archie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 14:46:20 -0500
On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 1:19 PM, Michal Marek <mmarek@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Archie Cobbs napsal(a):
On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 8:54 AM, Marcus Rueckert <darix@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

1. in your spec:
>> 129 rm -rf %{_var}/lib/openvxi-3.4
>> 130 rm -rf %{_var}/lib/asterisk/sounds/voiceglue
>>
>> are you sure you can delete those directories in any case?
>
> I'm OK either way. Those files are all generated at runtime and they
> consist mainly of cached state, audio files, etc. AFAIK. So this
> decision is a trade-off between RPM removal cleanliness vs. throwing
> away information that might be useful at a later time if the RPM were
> reinstalled.
>
> What is the usual policy in this situation?

I would keep it, an uninstall should be undoable by an install IMO.
Also, checking for $1 = 0 will hit you should you ever rename the
package: rpm will run the %postun of the old package with 0, because
after the installation, there will be zero 'voiceglue' packages and one
voiceglue-ng or whatever.

Michal

OK, I changed the spec file to retain these directories on uninstall.

Thanks,
-Archie

--
Archie L. Cobbs