[opensuse-buildservice] Build a whole project with osc
  • From: Carlos Goncalves <cgoncalves@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 20:15:25 +0100
Hi,

As requested by darix, I'm emailing oS-buildservice to ask for a new osc
feature - capability to build a whole project (eg. KDE:KDE4:UNSTABLE:Desktop)
with one single command.

Currently there is only possible to do things like
$ osc build PLATFORM ARCH BUILD_DESCR

Which restricts builds to a given PRJCT:PGK so if one wants to build a whole
project the following won't work:
$ osc build PLATFORM ARCH PROJECT

With my osc feature request something like it would be possible.

For what I have understood, darix pointed out that to do that some API
changes/exposing would be needed or so, which seems to concern him a little.

- Build service/osc team, what do you thing about this request? Do you thing
it's possible to implement? Any limitations?
- Users, please let developers know if you also like this idea!

The discussion has just began...! ;-)

--
Regards,
Carlos Goncalves