[opensuse-buildservice] kernel packages and projects with only binaries
  • From: Donavan Pantke <avatar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 00:53:31 -0400
Hi guys,

I'm trying to generate some KMP packages for some HP drivers. In order
handle different possible kernels, I wanted to setup some small projects to
house the individual kernel packages and use those as repos to build the KMP.
However, I ran into a snag: the KMP's imbed the full version string of the
kernel package it was built against. With the way the build service has to
control release numbers to perform builds, this makes for an interesting
incompatibility. What I'd like to do is to is setup the project similar to a
distribution repo, where the packages are simply indexed and no packages are
configured, dependencies are just provided. However, this option is only
available when I have control over the OBS server. Is there any way I can
setup something similar on b.o.o?

Thanks!
Donavan