Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Adding Build-service function to Eclipse! Any suggestions?
  • From: Marcus Hüwe <suse-tux@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 23:15:55 +0200
On 2008-04-23 16:10:26 -0400, Michael Hutchinson wrote:
On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 3:51 PM, long hong <longhong1985@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Do you want to use OSC? If we all use osc, then we all use the same
runtime :) Certainly using API is more straightforward. But I don't
think the two ways make too much difference.

I'd been considering using osc, but since the build service API looks
relatively straightforward, it's probably easier to do it directly
from C#. The thing that IMO might be a bit more challenging is
performing local builds...

Well perfoming local builds shouldn't be too hard. Basically it consists
of 3 things:
- getting the prjconf (can be retrieved via the api)
- getting the buildconfig (can be retrieved via the api too)
- calling the /usr/bin/build script with some parameters etc.

(btw. that's how osc does it, too)

So independent from your preferred language you will probably just need to
do these steps.

Marcus