Re: [opensuse-buildservice] questions about patterns
  • From: "Patrick Mullaney" <pmullaney@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 19:32:01 -0600

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 3:38 AM, in message
<200804100938.49312.adrian@xxxxxxx>, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

On Thursday 10 April 2008 02:16:47 wrote Patrick Mullaney:
Hi all,

I am trying to create a pattern following the document in
http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service_Tutorial#Create_Patterns and
have a few questions.

Do patterns work with yast when the repo url has been added as an
installation source?

yes. (at least until 10.3, in Factory, the pattern handling of YaST
is afaik
bit broken atm).
I can't seem to get it work for 10.3.

Does deletion of patterns work? (osc meta pattern --delete PRJ
PATTERN)
Its not working for me.

Indeed, this seems to be broken in current osc. Please open a
bugreport,
thanks :)

As current workaround, you can do it directly with the api, this
works:

curl -0 -b -X DELETE
https://api.opensuse.org/source/<project>/_pattern/<patternfile>

just for others drop the -b and add user:passwd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to url
syntax
Does category name correspond to the headers under patterns in the
yast installer(Desktop,Additional Software, etc)? Will a new
category
be added to the yast installer if this doesn't match an existing
one?

I dunno, maybe you should ask this on the zypp / package managing
mailing
list.

Are there any existing examples that I should look at that support
patterns(.ymp files)?

KDE:Backports contains patterns for digikam and amarok, which I
created as
initial examples.

These examples seem to be metapackages and use one click - does this
work
with Yast? And these don't match the above (url) documentation for
patterns.
I tried using this syntax without success - any ideas?

bye
adrian