Re: [opensuse-buildservice] rpmlint feedback
  • From: Michal Marek <mmarek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 12:56:41 +0200
Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:
Hi,

I'm using the BS rpmlint integration from home:michal-m:rpmlint for one
of my projects but it has some tests which are broken or not useful:

1, 4 and 5 were due to rpmlint-bs checking also *-debuginfo rpms. This
is fixed now.

Adding Dirk for the remaining issues.

1.
"This package contains a library and provides no %post scriptlet
containing a call to ldconfig."
"This package contains a library and provides no %postun scriptlet
containing a call to ldconfig."

The package contains:
%post -p /sbin/ldconfig
%postun -p /sbin/ldconfig

-> check broken

2.
"There is no Packager tag in your package. You have to specify a
packager using the Packager tag. Ex: Packager: John Doo
<john.doo@xxxxxxxxxxx>."

openSUSE's very own package sources have no Packager tag as well. It's
added from the buildsystem to the resulting RPMs though.
How about making this a warning only?

3.
"Your package containing shared libraries does not end in a digit and
should probably be split."

For this certain package it already was discussed that it's not a
package which fits into the shlib-policy but anyway I guess rpmlint
can't decide on that.

4.
"W: unstripped-binary-or-object *.debug"

Yeah, I mean debug files created when %debug_package is used are
unstripped. That's the plan ;-)

5.
"E: statically-linked-binary *.debug"
"The package installs a statically linked binary or object file."

Seems that debug symbols for binaries are recognized as
statically-linked-binary.

6.
"The jar file does not contain a META-INF/MANIFEST file."

Not all JAR files have to contain a META-INF/MANIFEST file, how about a
warning instead of an error?

Probably some of the checks could be tweaked?

Wolfgang