Re: [opensuse-buildservice] openSUSE and QT locale againt gettext
  • From: Nikolay Derkach <nderkach@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 16:17:30 +0300

В Сбт, 29/03/2008 в 13:58 +0100, Dirk Stoecker пишет:
Hello,

to make it a bit more user freindly I want to translate merkaartor (in
Application:Geo). This is a QT4 software with tr()'s everywhere in the
source, but no localisation done yet.

Now my questions is - how to do that for linux? QT uses the linguist and
it's own fileformat, whereas under linux gettext is used. Is there a style
guide or a generic approach for QT localization under Linux? I know KDE
uses gettext as well, but never looked into the details. I also did not
find something helpful when using Google. Any tips?

There is a pretty good general explanation in the official Qt
documentation: http://doc.trolltech.com/4.3/i18n.html

If you have any exact questions, feel free to ask.

--
Regards, Nikolay Derkach