[opensuse-buildservice] openSUSE and QT locale againt gettext
  • From: Dirk Stoecker <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 13:58:59 +0100 (CET)
Hello,

to make it a bit more user freindly I want to translate merkaartor (in Application:Geo). This is a QT4 software with tr()'s everywhere in the source, but no localisation done yet.

Now my questions is - how to do that for linux? QT uses the linguist and it's own fileformat, whereas under linux gettext is used. Is there a style guide or a generic approach for QT localization under Linux? I know KDE uses gettext as well, but never looked into the details. I also did not find something helpful when using Google. Any tips?

Ciao