Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Can I stop revision incrementing?
  • From: "John Calcote" <john.calcote@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 09:17:32 -0600
Cristian,

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 9:08 AM, Cristian Rodríguez <crrodriguez@xxxxxxx> wrote:
The behaviour seems to be correct..I fail to see why you **need** a
change on this..

What does this mean? I didn't say I **needed** anything. I simply
asked if there was a way to stop the auto-increment function during my
build system debugging sessions.

I think it's silly to publish a new package with a revision number of
71, when no one has ever seen the package before. It would be nice to
publish the package with a revision number of 1 the first time. If I
then need to make changes to the package and publish a new one, I'd
like my users to see that package with a revision number of 2 -- even
if I've spent a fair amount of time modifying patches or spec files
between the two published revisions.

Finally, it would be **nice** if the OBS system automatically
performed this task for me, based on when I enable or disable package
repository publication. I really don't see it as being a difficult
task either, for that matter.

Regards,
John