Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Can I stop revision incrementing?
  • From: Michael Schroeder <mls@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 16:08:08 +0100
On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 09:03:31AM -0600, John Calcote wrote:
I'm wondering if there's a way to stop the revision number from
incrementing with each modification of a project's sources.

When I first discovered the ability to disable publication, I thought
that NOT publishing would stop automatic revision incrementing -- it
seemed logical to me that because a package hasn't been published yet,
there is no reason to increment the revision number between builds. In
individual development, one doesn't increment the revision number
unless a revision has become public. However, this appears not to be
true - the revision is auto-incremented even if no repository of a
package is published.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Adding the line

Release:

to your project configuration (the config, not the xml file) should do
the trick. The default is "<CI_CNT>.<B_CNT>".

Cheers,
Michael.

--
Michael Schroeder mls@xxxxxxx