Re: [opensuse-buildservice] what does blocked mean?
  • From: "John Calcote" <john.calcote@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 09:05:14 -0600
Thanks Adrian and Dominique for these responses. I understand now.

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 9:00 AM, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thursday 27 March 2008 15:54:32 wrote John Calcote:

Hi list,

> I've seen this error more than once - almost always on the opensuse
> factory repo:
>
> i586 | blocked | autoconf, automake, binutils, bison, bzip2, doxygen,
> flex, gcc, gcc43, gettext-runtime, glibc, gmp, libgomp43, libmpfr1,
> libopenssl-devel, libopenssl0_9_8, libpng12-0, libtool, ncurses,
> openssl-certs, perl, rpm, zlib, zlib-devel
>
> Anyone know what it means? Am I doing something wrong, or is the
> system in a maintenance mode or something?

First of all, you do not do anything wrong ;)

Blocked state means that this package is depending on some other package
which
is currently scheduled for building (or waiting for another one as well).

openSUSE:Factory is our upstream distribution, so you see this there quite
often, because the distribution itself is currently building.

If you want to try your package build _NOW_, your only choice is to use the
local build via "osc" tool.

bye
adrian