Re: [opensuse-buildservice] chown issues
  • From: Michal Marek <mmarek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 11:13:22 +0100
Michael Schroeder wrote:
On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 03:44:47PM -0600, John Calcote wrote:
When I build for ubuntu or debian, however, it appears that these
servers build their packages as root, so the build fails because the
package build is trying to chown something in the BUILDROOT.

Actually they shouldn't build as root, I've to investigate what's
going on here.

Guess: they don't build as root, but due to fakeroot usage the 'id -u'
call returns 0. But as there's no dnx user at build time, the chown call
fails.

Michal