Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Packager tag and rpmlint
  • From: Wolfgang Rosenauer <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 10:03:26 +0100
Dirk Stoecker wrote:
Hello,

when I have a tag like

"Packager: Dirk Stöcker <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx>"

in a spec, rpmlint complains about "hardcoded-packager-tag".

If I remove the line, I get "no-packager-tag".

What is the correct way to make this?

a) in general

In general you would be allowed to hardcode it or leave it out or whatever

b) using rpmbuild

see a)

c) using "osc build"

see a)

d) using the buildservice build"

see a)

e) (a)-(d) all together

If you ask how to satisfy rpmlint you probably can't (without changing rpmlint's config)?

What's best practice in the BS anyway? I leave out the packager tag on purpose in most of my packages in OBS because it probably doesn't make much sense to add my name if others are working on it as well.
OBS could add a packager meta tag based on the buildservice project where it comes from.

Wolfgang