[opensuse-buildservice] Automatically package a new upstream version
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 11:31:09 +0100
Hi,

While writing my previous mail, I started thinking: if the build service
knows about a new upstream version, maybe there could be a link that
tries to automatically update the package to the new upstream version.

It would download the tarball, checks the md5 sum (if we specify an URL
where it can be found), update Version and Release in the spec file and
add an entry to the changes file.

It would certainly not work in many cases because of some patches, or
changes in the dependencies or for a tons of other reasons. But it would
still work in a lot of cases, wouldn't it?

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas press├ęs.