Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: [opensuse-svn] r3494 - trunk/buildservice/src/build
  • From: "Dr. Peter Poeml" <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 18:21:25 +0100
On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 03:22:23 +0100, Adrian Schröter wrote:
How about releasing a new build package once in a while? Right now,
build.rpm in openSUSE:Tools was last updated in September last year. So
I assume most people still use that old version.

openSUSE:Tools is intended to be kept stable. However we could create new
versions for testing in openSUSE:Tools:Unstable first and later merging back.

bye
adrian

A lag of half a year sounds like a bit of a too strong safety belt to
me.

There is no "openSUSE:Tools:Unstable" that I can see either.
(It's sheer existence wouldn't actually mean that anyone tests it
anyway.)

I propose to surface changes much earlier, release early and often, you
know, to keep breakage small and revertible.

We can also test the svn version, I suppose, can't we?

I would be happy to do that. What is needed?
osc has a config setting 'build-cmd'. Is it possible to point that to
the svn working copy?

Peter

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Research & Development