Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: [opensuse-project] How should we inform packagers about new upstreamversions?
  • From: "Dr. Peter Poeml" <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 13:20:24 +0100
On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 01:19:51PM +0100, Dr. Peter Poeml wrote:
Any further ideas ?

Something else interesting to look at (which i didn't know before I
discovered it this morning) is ohloh, a software directory.

Here's a project:
http://www.ohloh.net/projects/6083

There are news
http://www.ohloh.net/projects/6083/rss_articles
and links and reviews:
http://www.ohloh.net/projects/6083/links
http://www.ohloh.net/projects/6083/reviews

Further down, there are overviews on code analysis, used licenses,
http://www.ohloh.net/projects/6083/analyses/latest
contributors,
http://www.ohloh.net/projects/6083/contributors
commit history,
http://www.ohloh.net/projects/6083/commits

Further down in the navigation, there are links for _editing_ stuff.
Those require a login (obviously). Everything else doesn't.

There is a rating system, user profiles, tags and so on. I think a lot
of ideas can be scrounged from there. And then we can also have our own ;)

(There are also a lot of similarities to good old freshmeat, I guess.)

For us, I would find interesting to have
- rating
- recent activity
- download statistics
- subscribe to new releases