Re: [opensuse-buildservice] including Substitute: lines in project
  • From: Marc <Marc.Dietrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 09:39:54 +0100

Hi,

Am Dienstag 11 März 2008 08:32:22 schrieb Adrian Schröter:

It works in rpm, but probably not in the project config parser, see my
first post. openSUSE:10.3 has

$ osc meta prjconf openSUSE:10.3| grep -e Macros -e suse_version
%define suse_version 1030
Macros:
%suse_version 1030

But Fedora:8

$ osc meta prjconf Fedora:8| grep -e Macros -e fedora_version
Macros:
%fedora_version 8

I.e. the fedora_version macro is available in rpm, but not in the
project config.

Right, I have changed this now. All rpm based distros should have this
define now.

thanks Adrian!

But for me, this is only a partial fix. AFAIK, the buildconfig does not
support comparisons (==, <=, >=), so there is no possibility to distinguish
between versions of the distribution. So an additional define like
"fedora_version_8" would be useful.

Thanks

Marc

--
"The enemy has the face of the devil."
Lord Arthur Ponsonby, "Falsehood in Wartime: Propaganda Lies