Re: [opensuse-buildservice] concept for osc handling merge requests
  • From: "Dr. Peter Poeml" <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 13:39:25 +0100
How are multiple mergereq's for the same
package handled? (Maybe we should try to apply all the rdiffs?).

There is no plan for that. As far as I see, a second request could be
a) a new one from a previous submitter, or
b) from someone else, and another source package.

In a), the first request is probably obsoleted by the second one (if it
comes from the same source). Thus, it would be good from my perspective
of a packager to attach a "obsoletes XY" note. Or I could probably go
ahead and delete the request that I created earlier.

In b), the request recipient will probably choose one of the two
requests, or try to apply them subsequently.

In any case, the first submit could conflict with the other one. So it is
IMHO
always better to accept them one after one to see, if it does still apply.

As far as I understand the current draft of how the "apply" step is
going to be implemented, it _always_ applies. Because it is going to be
a simple copy, overwriting what's there, and not a diff which is
applied.

Thus, applicability is in the eye of the beholder.

It needs a thourough look at the rdiff.

(Which is actually the same with the internal submit process we are
using; it works the same.)

Peter

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Research & Development