Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: [opensuse-project] How should we inform packagers about new upstreamversions?
  • From: Christian Boltz <opensuse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 22:52:12 +0100
Hello,

on Mittwoch, 5. März 2008, Dr. Peter Poeml wrote:
On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 09:03:24AM +0100, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Yes, we want to link from software.o.o to the project in build.o.o,
where a bugzilla link exists.

That "link" you talk about is virtually useless.

Do you really think any _user_ goes there (after creating an account
in the buildservice) to find the package that the bug concerns, goes
then to bugzilla (after creating an account), and enters the report?

But maybe someone can give numbers which prove the existance of such
bug reports? I certainly don't want to be ignorant here.

There are some bugreports in bugzilla already: product "opensuse.org" /
component "3rd party software".

Given that the bugreporting link is quite new and probably many projects
still didn't set a bug owner, I'd name it a good start.

However, you are right that reporting a bug against a package in the
build service is too difficult - you have to login to
(build.)opensuse.org to find the bugowner / bugzilla link and then
again to (bugzilla.)novell.com to enter the bugreport.

Long time ago, when the bugreporting link was discussed, I proposed to
use a little script on bugzilla.novell.com that basically enforces the
login and then redirects from ...?user=username to
enter_bug.cgi?assigned_to=mail@xxxxxxxxxxx&...[correct component etc.]

This method would only need one login (at bugzilla) while still being
spam-proof since it only contains the username, not the mail address.
The link could be published everywhere (software.o.o, Packager: tag
etc.) as a direct bugreporting link.

For reasons I don't know the current, IMHO awkward, solution which needs
two logins was chosen instead. [That's not meant as an offence, I just
mention it as a fact.]

But maybe there's still hope that the one-click-bugreport ;-) will be
implemented someday ;-)

Am I missing the point? Maybe the link is only meant for the owner
of the package himself, to make a note for himself? ;-)

*LoL*

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
Error: File not found -- search behind couch? (Y/N)