Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Build Service Status
  • From: Klaas Freitag <freitag@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 09:57:29 +0100
On Mittwoch, 5. März 2008, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
On Tuesday 04 March 2008 16:23:45 Adrian Schröter wrote:
However we agreed on
* using <maintainedin> instead of <upstreamproject> to avoid confusing
with real source upstream. We ask for review or better proposal for the
tag from Klaas :)

I would suggest to use <origin/> instead of <maintainedin/>.
As some of you know my weakness to find usefull names I am absolutely
open to renames. Go ahead, but please make sure to hold the Wikipage
consistent.

I also think that this feature becomes much more powerful and useful if
it's not only thought in context of externals contributing to Factory, but
as a generic branch tracking functionality.
Yes, a generic branch functionality is also nice, not talking about it in
the first place does not mean that we do not want it but that it is not in
the focus atm - I am still single core ;-) I agree that a very general
branch functionality is cool.

It can be very helpful to be
able to find out after copying (or branching) projects and/or packages
where they came from, i.e. where the original data lives.
I expect that *all* changes to packages are recorded in the history,
also branching etc. The history needs to give a clear picture of the
whole live of the package.

Thanks for the comments,

Klaas

--