[opensuse-buildservice] osc package-tracking branch
  • From: "Dr. Peter Poeml" <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 22:13:22 +0100
Hi,

we need your input with this one :-)

Marcus has been developing the so-called package tracking branch for osc
since quite a while. We both believe it would be good to merge it back
into trunk.

For that, it would be very helpful to know from you:

* if anyone has used that branch lately

* what you think about the functionality

What does it do?

In short, it "watches" a project checkout for changes, and keeps track
of the contained packages (hence the name). Thus,

- new directories that you create there, can be osc add'ed
and checked in, without the need to create them first
- adds a command mkpac which achieves the same
- possibly other things, that I don't have on my radar ;)

Marcus, maybe you can add some explanations about the functionality. You
are the master :-)

The functionality is _optional_. It needs to be switched on with
do_package_tracking = 1
in .oscrc. If that is _not_ set, osc will behave just the same as it die
before.

Myself, I have been using the branch since many months, and it basically
works fine for me. I used it with do_package_tracking = 1 since the
beginning.

So, I would like to hear from people who used it -- also people who
didn't set do_package_tracking = 1 in their config but used the branch.
(Darix?)

Thanks,
Peter

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH