Re: [opensuse-buildservice] BuildService search engines gets unusable
  • From: Dirk Stoecker <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 16:56:32 +0100 (CET)
On Wed, 5 Mar 2008, Dr. Peter Poeml wrote:

with increasing number of packages, projects and texts, the search engine
gets more and more unusable.

For example to find an updated perl, I would enter perl in the search
engine. The result is an Timeout error. Also searching for ocaml results
in lots of entries.

I have an example right here. A minute ago, I searched for dkim
packages on software.opensuse.org. Found nothing -- never mind, so let's
look up postfix to see what's going on there.

Searching http://software.opensuse.org/search for postfix gives me 5
pages of results. Only 45 results, but 5 pages, and it is a bit hard to
get an overview here.

To make one point clear. I talked about the search in BuildService, not software.opensuse.org (Thought many of the notes are valid for both searches).

Ciao